Adding the LTI Tool to a single site via Lessons.
Adding the LTI application via Lessons will make it available as part of the Lessons content in your course. This is best used when the LTI tool is something which pertains to a particular unit or module of instruction and you want the tool to appear embedded within the flow of your course content.
The VeriCite LTI tool is shown above as an example. Many of the LTI configuration options are optional, such as frame height or custom parameters. However, the key pieces of information that you must enter in order for the LTI tool to work are:
- Tool Title: This is what the tool will be called in your site. It is a required item.
- Button Text: If you elect to make the LTI tool available in the course Tool Menu, this is the text that will appear there to identify the tool. It is a required item.
- Launch URL: This URL is obtained from the LTI tool provider.
- Launch Key: The LTI tool provider will provide you with a launch key. (This key is unique to your account with the tool provider.)
- Launch Secret: The LTI tool provider must also provide you with a launch secret. (This shared secret is unique to your account with the tool provider.)
- Privacy Settings: Most LTI tools need to be able to access user names and email addresses in order to work properly.
- Services: Depending on the LTI tool, you may also need to enable services such as roster access or the ability to return grades. The LTI tool provider should specify which items are needed.
Click Save to save the tool configuration.
Once the tool has been added to the available tools, you do not need to repeat these steps within the same site. Any available tools will be listed in this screen.
Note: If you select the check box next to Add Site Link, the LTI tool will be added to the site Tool Menu.
Once the tool has been added to the site, you do not need to repeat these steps if you decide to add the LTI tool link to another location (e.g. another Lessons page) within the same site.