How do I add subpages to a Lessons page?
Instructors can add subpages to a top-level Lessons page. A top-level Lessons page is a Lessons page that is listed by name in the Tool Menu. Subpages are connected to top-level Lessons pages by a link or a button. The hierarchy of a top-level Lessons page and its associated subpages is displays under the Index of Pages button in the top right corner of the Lessons tool.
Go to Lessons.
Click on the Lessons Page Title (e.g. Unit #1) in the Tool Menu to display the page.
Note: The default or blank Lessons page contains text and images that explain the basic functionality of the Lessons tool.
Enter the subpage information.
To view the Lessons hierarchy:
Click Index of Pages.
To return to the Lessons view:
Note: Subpages are added to whatever page the Add Content / Add Subpage function is accessed from. To add multiple subpages to a top-level page, make sure you access the Add Content / Add Subpage function from the original top-level Lessons page and not from a subpage.
Click Return to Lesson or on any of the page links.
To edit the title and properties of a subpage: (Optional)
Click on the Settings icon.
Edit the title and properties of the subpage as needed.
- The title of the subpage can be edited in the Page Title box.
- Check Hide this page from users to not allow students to access the subpage.
- Check Hide page until to allow access to the subpage at a particular date and tie.
- Check Create gradebook entry to automatically create an item in the gradebook when the page (and any required items on it) is completed.
- Click Save when finished.