How do I create a new course or project site?
If you have the appropriate permissions to create new course or project sites, you may do so from either Worksite Setup or the More Sites tab in My Workspace.
Or, go to More Sites.
Select the type of site.
Choose either course site or project site depending in which type of site you want to create.
For Course sites only.
If you select to add a course site, there are some additional steps.
Select the term.
Select a term from the drop-down menu and then click Continue.
Enter course information.
- Select the Subject.
- Select the Course.
- Select the Section.
- The authorizor's username will appear here. An email message requesting authorization to create the site will be sent to the user listed.
- You have the option of adding any information that may facilitate the authorization of your site request.
- Click Continue to add the course site.
Enter site information.
Select site language.
Enter a site description.
The information entered into the description area will appear on the site's home page. You may use the Rich Text Editor here to enter your description.
Enter a short description.
Select a theme.
Enter the site contact information.
Select site tools.
Re-use existing material.
Configure site access.
- Select to Publish the site, or Leave as Draft (i.e. unpublished). Unpublished sites are only visible to site owners, not other participants such as students.
- Choose to make site access Limited to whom I add manually, or through automatic roster updates or Allow anyone to join the site with valid login id.
- Click Continue.