How do I allow students to add content to Lessons?
Click on the Lessons Page Title (e.g. Unit #1) in the Tool Menu to display the page.
Note: The default or blank Lessons page contains text and images that explain the basic functionality of the Lessons tool.
From the Add Content drop-down menu, select Add Student Content.
Click the Edit button if you would like to modify the settings.
- Check Anonymous if you want the student pages to not reflect the name of the student creating the pages.
- Check Create Gradebook if the pages are to be graded.
- Check Add Comments if you will allow other students to comment on the student pages.
- Check Grade These Comments if you want to grade student comments on other student pages.
- Check Peer Review Rubic if you want to allow students to grade other student pages based on the Sample Peer Evaluation rubric (selected by default), or by a rubric of your own creation.
- Set the Open/Due dates for peer review
- Allow Self Grade for peer reviews
- Check Student pages will be associated with groups rather than individuals to allow site groups (rather than individuals) to create Student Pages. Each group member will be allowed to add/edit content on the group's Student Pages.
- Check Require this item to require the creation of Student Pages before moving on to a different Lessons item.
Note: All of the settings listed above are optional.
Students can add text, link to documents, link to web pages, embed images, embed video, embed audio, create sub-pages, add comments (if allowed) and peer review (if allowed).
Click the Peer Evaluation Statistics button to see the evaluations made by other students (or self-evaluations).