How do I upload graded assignment submissions and feedback?
Click the Choose File button to browse for and select the archive file on your local computer.
Note: The archive file needs to be in a specific format. It should contain a folder for the assignment and subfolders for each of the individual students. The easiest way to ensure that your file is in the correct format is to download the assignment submissions (or the template provided) directly from the Assignments tool in your site.
If you have previously extracted the bulk_download.zip file on your computer, and then edited or added to the assignment grades or feedback, you will need to create a new archive or zip file for upload which includes your changes.
You can create a zip file from a folder in Windows by right-clicking on the folder, and then selecting Send to and Compressed (zipped) folder. The zip file will have the same name as the folder you selected.
Tip: You can either compress/zip all existing assignment folders at once for upload, or just one assignment folder at a time.
1. You may choose "All" to select all of the upload options, or select only some of them by placing a check mark next to an individual item or items. The options available for upload are:
- Student submission text (original student submitted text, possibly containing instructor added comments)
- Student submission attachment(s)
- Grade file (grades.csv file at top level of archive)
- Feedback text (the inline comments with student submission)
- Feedback comments (comments.txt file if available in student's folder. Comments are put into the Instructor Comments field for each student's submission)
- Feedback Attachment(s)
2. Select the radio button to Release uploaded information to students if you want them to be able to see their grades and feedback right away. (If you would rather wait to release at a later date, select Do not release uploaded information - I'll release it later instead.)