How do I set wiki permissions?
Wiki has two levels of permissions: site level and page level. Site level permissions are the default permissions for all wiki pages. However, permissions can be also changed for individual pages at the page level. For example, you can alter permissions so that the wiki is editable by everyone, except for one page which can only be edited by instructors.
There are 5 types of permissions within Wiki:
- Read (read pages)
- Create (create new pages; update must be enabled to allow this)
- Update (edit pages)
- Admin (alter site permissions)
- Super-admin (typically reserved for system administrators)
Note: Wiki permissions cascade downwards. For example, you cannot update a page if you cannot read it, so it makes no sense to enable "update" but dis-enable "read". If you enabled "create" or "update", Wiki will assume that you want "read" permission enabled as well.
You may check or uncheck the boxes available on this page to enable/disable the associated permissions for each of the user roles shown.
Note: The permission options selected here will apply the the current page only.
In order to edit the default permissions for all wiki pages in the entire site, click on the edit site permissions link just below the page permissions grid.
- Check the box next to each permission you would like to allow for a given role. (Deselecting a box will remove the corresponding permission.)
- Click Save to save your changes.
Note: You may see different roles listed depending on the roles which exist in your site. A role must be present in the site in order for you to modify its permissions.