How do I create a multi-part syllabus by dates?
You can create a multi-part syllabus using a date and calendar format, outlined here, or based on the number of items needed in the "How do I create a multi-part syllabus based on the number of items needed?" tutorial. The date and calendar format creates a specific syllabus item for each meeting time of the class.
- Type in title for the syllabus.
- Select the radio button next to the Create syllabus items by dates option.
- Enter the start date of the semester using the date-picker calendar icon.
- Enter the end date of the semester using the date-picker calendar icon.
- Enter the start time of the class.
- (Optional) Enter the end time of the class.
- Check the appropriate boxes to select which days of the week this course will meet.
- Click Add and Publish.
This allows you to edit the Syllabus item.
Browse for the file on your computer, or attach a copy from the Resources in your course.
Clicking this link opens the Rich Text Editor which allows you to enter the content, or copy and paste from Word into the Rich Text Editor to create the content.
By default, the headings are the title of the syllabus appended with a number. Hover your mouse over the heading to make the pencil icon appear. Click the pencil icon to enable the editing of the heading.
Click the lightbulb icon to hide a Syllabus item. If the icon is yellow, the item is available to students. If gray, hidden from students. In the above example, Module 1 is available to students on January 1, 2014 at 8am. Module 2 is hidden from students until the instructor clicks the lightbulb icon again to change it from gray to yellow.